Difference between revisions of "Hapinoy:Team Meetings"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
==Apr 12, 2011 ==
==Apr 12, 2011 ==
Revision as of 08:42, 16 April 2011
Apr 5, 2011
- All: Access the and review the files Ron provided.
- All: Begin creating the Requirements Analysis Document.
- Database Group - Try getting a free trial version of ArcGIS to open the files from Ron.
- Frontend Group - Start brainstorming to find ideas on the design for the interface and its features.
- Testing Group - Collect information for the Requirements Analysis Document to establish the features which will be tested for.
- All: Started filling out new wiki page
- All:We continue to collaborate
- Databse Group - Found a free trial version for using ArcGIS, but can't read the files received from Ron.
- Frontend Group - Located an example interface from Mapserver.org which will be the basis for interface design.
- Testing Group - Discovered Shapeview 1.20 which will open the shapefiles from Ron.
Get Mapserver working to open the files from Ron. Use ArcGIS as another method of opening the data files if possible. Begin creating the RAD
- Discussion Items
Stem server was considered as the staging server for the project. The database will be made using MySQL.
Apr 12, 2011
- All: Objectives for the prior week were completed. The wiki page has been started. The RAD document has been outlined and Damir has started working on Part 1. Introduction.
- All: Maintain magnificent collaboration!
- Database Group - attempted using Mapserver and ARCGis during the week, but were unable to get either application to work
- Frontend Group - discussed how the webpage should look and how it should display the information to the user
- Testing Group - created UML diagrams for the project, including an Activity Diagram
Recap of the week:
UNH experienced a Denial of Service attack on the STEM server, in addition the FOSS server was taken down. As a result, the Hapinoy page was lost and was recreated once the system was restored. The Hapinoy page is now up and running and includes a section for recording any contact with a group leader and Ron. Group leaders should be updating this section with any questions or answers that he has received from Ron. This will eliminate any duplicate questions for Ron, as well as keeping all group members aware of any new updates or requests from Ron.
Round Table Discussion:
Damir reported that some group members had downloaded MapServer onto their computers but were unable to open Ron’s files.
Sky reported that he was able to open the 4 Shape (.shp) files that Ron provided us, using ShapeViewer 1.20. Ron’s files also contained .dbf, .sbn, .shx, .sbx, .prj, and .xml files which could not be opened.
Professor Jonas had the team fill out Project Explanation forms this week, and reminded us that we will be filling one out every two weeks.
During lab, Sky changed the name of Ron's file to be the same name as a file in the MapServer demo. He was able to open the file, but could not locate anything significant to Ron's file. This was because MapServer was looking at locations in Illinois, which is apparently the location that is used in the MapServer demo. Although, he could not locate anything relevant to Ron's files, it is a very good starting point for reading the .shp files.
Goals for the Week:
Database Group - will find out what types of files that .dbf, .sbn, .shx, .sbx, .prj, and .xml are, and will determine which files are the most important to our project. Frontend Group - will continue to try to read the .shp files in MapServer and work on webpage design ideas. Damir will contact Ron to ask if we need a new map of the Philippines or are we supposed to use the existing one? Testing Group - will also continue work on reading the .shp files and formulate test cases to ensure that files will always open properly.
Apr 19, 2011