Mimir:Spring 2017 Meeting Minutes

From Openitware
Jump to: navigation, search

Home


Minutes for week ending 20 Feb 2017

Started at 8:45 - 9:25

Everyone is present today.

We will continue what last year's group accomplished. We will work almost exclusively on Chapter 3, and try to give it more of a narrative. From looking at it right now, it looks like it has some content, but not much narrative along with the code examples. We want to expand on the coding narrative and add more to the python section, which at this point is only a small section. If previous years had perl basic concepts we think we should also have python basic concepts. We will also look over the first section "The Imperative Paradigm" and see if we can add more to that section as well.


Dunya - Start looking at basic python concepts. Try to match them so they are similar to the perl basic concepts.

Freddie/Nick - Look at python section, find room for expansion

Surbhi - The Imperative Paradigm

Steve, Gayathra - 4 each of the bold sections. Steve will do the first 4, Gayathri will do the last 4

Minutes for week ending 27 Feb 2017

Meeting Time: 8:40 - 9:05

Everyone present

Topics Discussed:

  • Good progress on Chapter 3.
  • Consensus for splitting up the group to do chapter 4 as well.
  • As semester progresses we will look into doing more chapters as time allows.

Revised plan for textbook

Chapter 3
Nick - enhance narrative in the Python subsections
Dunya - create Python code examples
Surrbhi - clean up Imperative Programming Intro
Steve - expand Perl section to be as complete as Python - first four sections
Gayathri - expand Perl section to be as complete as Python - last four sections
Chapter 4
Freddie - create/fix code blocks and LISP indenting
Steve - elaborate on Functional Programming Intro

Minutes for week ending 6 Mar 2017

Meeting Time: 8:50 - 9:25

Everyone present

Topics Discussed:

  • Discussed formatting for the chapters
  • Discuss the formatting method of the code blocks
  • Team needs to decide on a standard format and update
  • Team helped with code block error debug on section in Intro of chapter 3
  • Need to review Python section by team

Revised plan for textbook

Chapter 3

  • Nick - Continue additional narrative in Python section
  • Dunya - Completed adding code to Python section, review chapter 3 Perl section
  • Surrbhi - Done Imperative intro section, review chapter 4, work on LISP section
  • Steve - Review Imperative intro update, request D
  • Gayathri - Update last 2 sections of Perl, 2 done, work on Chapter 4 LISP
  • Freddie - Will edit the master format at top level of chapter 3

Chapter 4

  • Steve - Add content to "Intro" broken into multiple categories

Minutes for week ending 13 Mar 2017

Class canceled today. Meeting time 7:00pm - 7:40pm via Hangouts

We discussed how we wanted to proceed in the book, where we thought we needed to improve, got people's overall feelings what we thought we need to do next, and discussed the GRC abstract.

  • Gayathri will keep working on chapter 4 - 1st three sections of lisp.
  • Nick will rework the Python introduction section to be more inline with the other introduction sections, and read the other sections to make sure the narrative sounds the same.
  • Surrbhi and Dunya will start to work on Chapter 5
  • Freddie will be finishing the last two sections of Perl and will look over the Perl section in general. He will also write the GRC abstract.
  • Steve's task will be to edit the outline and add content to chapter 4 section 1.1, 1.2.x


Minutes for week ending 20 Mar 2017

Spring Break - no team meeting held, meeting held previous week during normal class time

Minutes for week ending 27 Mar 2017

Attendees: Gayathri, Freddie, Dunya, Nick, Steven

Team discussion:

  • Discuss chapters in work (keep working multiple chapters to avoid team overlap(Chapters 3, 4, 5)
  • Discuss audit of chapter edits (switch team members)
  • Chapter 5 needs table of contents

Current sections / chapters by team member:

  • Nick - Worked on chapter 3 introduction, reducing sections into larger paragraphs
  • Steven - Worked on add to 4.1/2/3 introduction, will continue
  • Gayathri - 4.4 (LISP programming)
  • Dunya - Working on second part of Logic Programming chapter 5
  • Surrbhi - Working on first part of Logic Programming Paradigm chapter 5
  • Freddie - Review chapter 3 and edit as needed, add chapter 5 table of contents

Disuss Mimir Poster

  • Due one week before URC in early April
  • Template needed for team to begin edits

Minutes for week ending 3 Apr 2017

meeting time 8:20 - 8:40

In attendance: everyone

Work this week is going to focus on the GRC Poster

Surrbhi will host the poster on Google Drive and share with the group.

Minutes for week ending 10 Apr 2017

Everyone is here for the meeting today

Start time is 8:40pm

  • Dunya is going to add to the prologue in chapter 5.
  • Surrbhi will do Chapter 5 data log and do the GRC poster indentations.
  • Steve will add more to chapter 4
  • Gayathri chapter 4 math functions
  • Freddie will look into chapter 6
  • Nick will do some python and perl problem sets

Minutes for week ending 17 Apr 2017

Attendees: Gayathri, Freddie, Dunya, Nick, Steven, Surrbhi

Team discussion:

  • Review poster, choose final version (need to email)
  • Discuss chapter 6 as last chapter

Current sections / chapters by team member:

  • Nick - Added problem sets to chapter 3, will add more
  • Steven - Complete 4.2, 4.3.1-5 introduction and description, start review of chapter 3 for references
  • Gayathri - Working on last two sections of 4.4 (LISP programming), will start chapter 6
  • Dunya - Working on Prolog section of chapter 5
  • Surrbhi - Working on Datalog on chapter 5 and start with chapter 6
  • Freddie - Working on chapter 6, update table of contents and work on citation method

Minutes for week ending 24 Apr 2017

Attendees: Gayathri, Freddie (via email during the week), Dunya, Nick, Steven, Surrbhi

Team discussion:

  • Poster emailed, printed and on the wall
  • Discuss adding answer key to end of book

Current sections / chapters by team member:

  • Nick - Added more problem sets to chapter 3, will add page at end for answer key, to review chapter 4
  • Steven - Continue review of chapter 3 for references, save in text file
  • Gayathri - Completed on last two sections of 4.4 (LISP programming), will start chapter 6
  • Dunya - Continue working on Prolog section of chapter 5
  • Surrbhi - Completed on Datalog on chapter 5 and start with chapter 6
  • Freddie - Get update this week by email

Minutes for week ending 1 May 2017

Meeting time: 8:35 - 8:50

Everyone is present

Consensus to continue refining what we have accomplished this semester rather than attacking new material.

In lieu of proper citation markup (the Media Wiki module is not installed), we're going to put references in simple bracket/parenthetical notation.

  • Nick - Continue work on answer key for Chapter 3
  • Steven - Continue cleaning up references and searching for origins
  • Gayathri - Continue working on Introductions for Chapters 5 and 6
  • Dunya - Continue Chapter 5 with logical programming and PROLOG
  • Surrbhi - Continue expanding Chapter 6 section - more blocks
  • Freddie - Continue reviewing and editing chapters 5 and 6

Minutes for week ending 8 May 2017

Meeting time: 8:35 - 8:50

Everyone is present

Consensus to continue refining what we have accomplished this semester rather than attacking new material.

  • Nick - review and edit Chapter 5
  • Steven - Completed Chapter 3 reference editions. Future will start on Chapter 4.
  • Gayathri - Working on app inventor and visual paradigm sections
  • Dunya - Add examples in prolog in Chapter 5
  • Surrbhi - Continue scratch section of Chapter 6
  • Freddie - review and edit over new scratch info in Chapter 6